New Upgrade Available – Convert your old desktop courses to our New Online Versions!
If you are an owner of one of our Legacy versions (versions 1.0 – 3.x) of any of our courses we do have an upgrade path available to you. If you need a quote to upgrade your site then give us a call at 877-828-1216.
ISL Course Retirement Policy
First understand that all our courses are well provided for in retirement. After a long and successful time of engaging learners our courses enjoy their chance to relax and take a break. We prefer to use the term Retirement vs. the industry standard “End Of Life – EOL.” EOL is just too harsh and makes our courses nervous when they hear it.
So, when does a course Retire?
As you can imagine it becomes quite difficult to maintain support for older versions of our courses as operating systems, 3rd party software and hardware are in a state of constant change. Our courses are retired as the level of time and expense of trying maintain support takes too much of our development time are resources away from our work of creating engaging learning. Typically a course is retired when:
- New operating systems, systems management software, or advancements in hardware and networking mean that maintaining an old application has become technically impracticable.
- In advancing the quality of our course systems our development and code changes may mandate retirement of older versions. All software does get dated, old and ceases to function.
- A course loses relevance for the learner.
When a course is retired does that mean it stops working?
The course will not stop working just because it has been retired. The technical term for retirement in the software world is “end of life”. Once an application is at its end of life a company no longer maintains the software (keeps updating the version for new systems) and stops expending resources to maintain the technical support system for the product. It doesn’t mean that you have to stop using the course. Though, you might find it useful to go ahead and upgrade to a newer version.
What about support for the 3rd Party Software and Hardware?
Should you have any support questions involving 3rd party software that is used as a tool of a retired course, you are invited to continue to work directly with the creator of the 3rd party software or hardware. With the 3rd party software and hardware you may find your best technical support for older versions through their user forums.
Retired Course means I just have to buy new all over again?
I Support Learning, Inc. will offer discounted upgrade paths for customers in good standing. There will be an upgrade window to offer institutions a chance to migrate their current license to the latest version at a discount. Discounts to upgrade will have a time limit so try not to dawdle.
- Introducing the Mobile Application Design and Development Course! — Your students will earn and industry certification as they explore one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. This course requires no previous programming or design experience for the learner or the teacher. Give your students the opportunity to create their own mobile applications as they grow their skills for this exciting career.
- We are happy to announce that our Virtual Internship Series won this prestigious award. —